The visit to Moscow of the Chinese delegation of representatives of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and UNIDO Division of the Stockholm Convention
From 22 to 26 September 2014 the visit to Moscow of the Chinese delegation of representatives of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and UNIDO Division of the Stockholm Convention took place. The purpose of the visit was to understand the situation of waste management and disposal in Russia, share experiences and the cost-effective technologies from China in the field of environmentally sound management and disposal, especially Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) waste in Russia.
During the visit, the following events took place:
- Meeting with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of Russian Federation
- Introduction of Progress of Environmentally Sound Management and Final Disposal of PCBs at the Russian railroads network and other PCB owner
- Meeting with the Ministry of Education and Science
- Visit to Russian Railroad Corporation
- Meeting with UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Russian Federation
The Chinese delegation expressed particular gratitude for the invitation and assistance in conducting meetings and negotiations and expressed hope for further fruitful cooperation.